Monastery [ Klášter ]
The monastery was founded by Vok of rožmberk in 1259.
The oldest part of the monastery is today´s sacristy.
The Cistercian Order was invited to the original chapel whose members started to build St. Mary´s Translation Church.
The family tomb of Rožmberks is placed underneath the presbytery.
At present the church was returned to the Cistercian Order and the church with the gallery and library is accessible to the public.
Klášter Vyšší Brod
382 73 Vyšší Brod
tel: (+420) 380 746 674
fax: (+420) 380 746 674