Urban monuments preservation area Tábor [ Městská památková rezervace ]
Originally a fortified Hussite encampment (Cz. "tábor" = Eng. "camp") which grew into a town, being elevated to the rank of Royal Town in 1437.
The historic core includes the town hall, the Parish Church of the Transfiguration on Tábor Hill, and town houses, as well as, the remains of the castle with the Kotnov Tower, the Bechyně Gate, St James´ Church, the Žižka Bastion and the monastery church.