Originally a water castle. From the 13th century it came under the ownership of the Bavors of Strakonice then it became a property of the Gentlemen of Rožmitál in 1301.
Now it has been given back to the Hildprants family which returned into the Blatná castle at the beginning of the 90-ties of our century.
The first more significant rekonstruction was performed about 1400 (tower and gothic palaces).
In the 19th century it was renovated and partly regothicated. A part of the castle is a preserve which was changed into an English park from the 15th century.
Na příkopech 320
388 01 Blatná
tel: (+420) 383 422 934
fax: (+420) 383 423 658